Top 5 things I Did Wrong This Week
5. Let my four young preschoolers watch SpongeBob Squarepants unattended for an hour as Daddy and I lazily lounged in the other room watching Dexter at 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon.
4. Pick up the Twinados from the day care center at my gym, notice a giant liquid poo stain on #4’s butt (she’s teething something awful!) and proceed to drive home first before changing her diaper. She had a giant rash for 3 days.
3. Posting a picture of my twin 2 year olds on the toddler potty to my facebook wall. They are going to hate me for that later
2. Lied to my kids and told them Disneyland was closed for the past two months (instead of admitting to them that money was too tight to renew our annual passes right now).
1. NOT noticing that at 3:45 am, my 2-year old twins both woke up, conspired with escape plans, opened their bedroom door, walked downstairs, unlocked and opened the front door. And slammed it shut because they couldn’t get out (ONLY because we installed a chain lock on that door the DAY BEFORE). And, I didn’t notice a thing until they got marched upstairs and sent into my bedroom by Daddy while doing the walk of shame, and tried to put them both in bed with me, because they weren’t going to go to sleep easily in their own bedroom due to the fact that they were both amped out of their minds with adrenaline. Then he told me what they had been up to. Enuf said, I was up until 6:15 am alternating prayers of gratitude and feelings of terror.
What did you do this week?