Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Second Step

It was a very stressful time. We were in escrow, selling the home I moved into when we got married. The home to where I returned from the hospital with our bundles of joy. The home we left when the Station Fire threatened our lives and returned back to after we got the “all clear.” I was packing up half of my home to go into storage and the other half to go to a temporary apartment where I would stay with our family until we could purchase another home … a larger home in a better neighborhood in an awesome school district. A sacrifice, a struggle, and a stressor, but it was for the better. I was trying to plan the Twinados’ 2nd birthday party without knowing where we were going to be living in 3 weeks. I was working 2 part time jobs in order to contribute to the family’s income. On my days off, I would drive off to spend the day in Orange County looking at homes for sale in the areas we were targeting. I also knew that THIS year I was going to do something about my weight. But I didn’t know how I was going to fit that little chore in with all that was going on in my life. Yet, one magical day, a sparkle was put in the eye of someone at work, and the ensuing result might change my life.

Two months pass. I moved into my new home the prior week, and was unpacking my boxes and setting up my house. I was still working 2 jobs. I was now planning the Twincesses 4th birthday party, and extremely thankful to have a yard to hold it in. I got an email that sent me over the moon. A radio station and a bariatric surgery center wanted to come together on a campaign and were looking for someone to transform.

 

Me, me, me, me, me!!!

Please?

A few weeks pass and it’s time to turn this dream into reality. I get a call asking to meet for lunch the following week. All I have to do is impress the Director of Marketing, and I will qualify to get the LapBand surgery! Oh, my GOD! THANK YOU!

Lunch meeting with Joe Grande – radio personality, and spokesman for the oBand Surgery Center in West LA. It goes swimmingly! It’s a done deal. Just need a few i’s dotted and a few t’s crossed. Right? A few days pass. A few more. Starting to sweat a little bit. What if the deal falls through? A few more days. A week. Another week.

The day before the Twincesses party, I get a call. My “pre-op” appointment is in a week, surgery follows two weeks later. WHAT?!

Diets have failed me. Exercise injures me. This is my only chance to regain my health and live the life I was meant to have.

Just breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tami
    Awesome blog. I am just so happy for you! I know having the lapband was one of the best things that I have ever done for myself. You will be amazed at how much easier it is to walk and keep up with your girls as you lose the weight. YOU GO GIRL!!!
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire what your doing! Your an inspiration to others and a truely amazing woman! God Bless and thank you for letting us join you on your journey! *hugs* ~Julie

    ReplyDelete